Carrera Satin Black (Quart)
PRICE PER POUND
BULK POWDER IN 44lb INCREMENTS ONLY
CARRERA SERIES SATIN BLACK:
Designed as an air curing coating with variations that handle multiple applications, including thermal barriers, thermal dispersants, and. Carrera coatings will cure over a period of 24 hours and will continue to harden over seven days. Please see data sheets for more information. These coatings are only available to businesses at this time.
Primarily designed as an exhaust coating. It has a good adhesion to virtually all metals and some plastics. It can be used on any part in the exhaust system. Designed for single coat coverage.
- Appearance: Black. Other colors including red, blue, silver, and orange available upon request.
- Thermal Barrier that can withstand over 1800F substrate temperature and up to 2000F environmental temperature.
- Corrosion and chemical resistant
- Very low V.O.C.APPLICATION:
Clean metal using standard cleaning methods with Columbia Coatings Super Degreaser (sd-mto25) and can even use a pressure washer with injector for the cleaner. Make sure the parts are rinsed well from chemical then blow the part of after washing. Let parts dry and then repeat process with a Non-Petroleum Solvent Based cleaner such as Acetone, MEK or Toluene if see additional cleaning is needed. Sandblast parts (ONLY WHEN DRY) with 10X EpiX Blasting Media MP 70/100 Grit (EPIX), or 120 grit aluminum oxide. Do not use glass bead!
- When done blasting blow excess dust from parts and handle with protective gloves to not transfer oil from hands to parts.
- Put parts in oven at 400 degrees and bake for 30 minutes to kill any contaminates that may be missed from blasting.
- Let parts cool to room temperature and use an air brush or touch up spray gun such as Columbia Coatings Ceramic Application Gun (CCAG2) or equivalent to a system that allows for application of a thin film build of approximately .001� to .0015.
- Avoid excessive buildup of material as this can lead to loss of adhesion. DO NOT APPLY SECOND COAT AFTER THE COATING DRIES.
- Curing: 24 hours with maximum hardness achieved after seven days.
Availability: Drop Shipped
Usually ships In Call for shipping times.
Points to Purchase:8966
Bonus Points Earned:0