The new and improved V3 Vortex Cup is the product of careful design specifications. We crafted this accessory to be more durable and user friendly.
The V3 Vortex Cup is a great addition to your powder coating system. It allows you to get smooth, consistent powder flow while only using a small amount of powder. This accessory is perfect for quick jobs and fast color changes. The V3 Vortex Cup attaches directly to your spray gun, so there's no feed hose clean. The Vortex Stem comes standard with the V3 Vortex Cup (see features below). The all-new Bullet Stem (sold separately) is interchangeable with the Vortex Stem (see features below).
- Large, wide, heavy duty carbon fiber threads for easy disassembly and cleaning.
- Heavy duty aluminum vortex barb.
- New Bullet Stem (removable).
- Interchangeable lid and base.
- Impact resistant construction.
- Smooth, consistent powder flow.
VORTEX STEM FEATURES:
- Mimics fluidization hoppers to give a soft, even powder flow.
- Requires more air pressure to operate (25-30 psi).
- Recommended use with Metallic, Flake, and Top Coat powders.
- Less likely to cause build up such as orange peel.
BULLET STEM FEATURES (SOLD SEPARATELY):
- Great for spraying powder with a smaller setup.
- Give consistent powder flow at just about any angle.
- Recommended use with Standard and Texture powders.
- Great for both beginner and professional powder coaters.
To clean your Vortex Cup, blow clean with your shop air, then use a microfiber cloth to remove any residual powder. DO NOT use chemicals or any solvent based material. For deep cleaning use soap and water only.
NOTE: This product is only compatible with Omega spray guns. Thicker o-rings may be required for use with Model 3 spray guns.
Does it burp, cough, or sputter?
We designed the V3 Vortex Cup Gun Attachment for a consistent flow of powder to avoid sputtering. Using a regulator with your cup gun attachment can further help to prevent sputtering.
How far can it tilt while in use?
The Vortex can operate at an angle as extreme as 45 degrees. If you need more mobility than this, consider using a hopper system.
Which powder coating gun systems can be paired with the Vortex?
Use this cup attachment with Columbia Coatings Omega gun systems.
(1) V3 Vortex Cup Gun Attachment, as pictured